open eir privacy statement:
At open eir, we take the protection of your data seriously. We want you to feel confident that we are keeping your data secure, and that we handle and process it in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation.
Customers should note that, while open eir makes all commercial efforts to protect our customers’ privacy, customers should be aware that information disclosed while connected to the Internet is transferred to the open eir servers over a publicly available telecommunications network. open eir cannot be held responsible, and accept no liability, for unauthorised access to the public network beyond its reasonable control and all information provided by customers is done entirely at the customers’ own risk.
What data do open eir collect?
We want to give our customers the best possible experience. To do so, we need to collect personal data from you for certain processes such as providing a service and when you enquire about our services.
The data we collect may include:
- Personal information such as name, address, date of birth and other contact details.
- When you contact us through our call centre (call recordings) or any feedback you’ve given us through our website including customer support. This may be used for training and operational compliance.
- Location data to establish a connection between the open eir network and your device.
- When you visit our websites we collect device information such as the IP address of your device, your device model and its settings and network information.
- Your marketing preferences that you provide when you sign up for our products and services.
- Data that we receive from Third Parties where you have given them permission to share your data with us.
How do open eir use the data we collect?
Primarily we use the data we collect to ensure we are providing you with highly relevant content, products and services that meet your specific needs, and to deliver more efficient account management.
Here are some other ways in which we use this data:
- To help us refine our products and services.
- To make sure we are only sending you communications about products and services that you've shown an interest in.
- To ensure you enjoy a good end-to-end customer experience with us.
- To keep you updated on any changes to your services, and to advise you on how you can get the best out of our services and products.
- To enhance our customer support by analysing your interactions with us.
- To publish your number in the National Directory Database if you have requested to be part of this service, and to remove it if you choose to opt out of this in the future.
- To ensure our service and network is secure and to detect or prevent fraud or crime.
- So that we can investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities and violations of our Terms of Service and/or applicable law.
- To meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- In many cases we aggregate and/or anonymise your personal information so that it no longer identifies you. We use this data so that we can better understand our customers and how they use our services so that we can improve our services to provide a better customer experience or to create new services.
How long do open eir keep my personal data?
This depends on the type of data and how we use it. When we make a decision on what data to keep we consider the information we need to best provide you with our products and services, to help us manage your relationship with us, and to make sure we can meet certain statutory obligations.
How do open eir secure my data?
At open eir, securing your personal data is extremely important to us, which is why we take appropriate measures to protect your data. We use a range of security technologies and processes, and actively monitor emerging cyber threats on a 24 x 7 basis.
Who do open eir share my data with and why?
There are a number of reasons why we would share your data with third parties. Be assured your data will only ever be shared with third parties that we trust explicitly.
Here is a list of instances in which we share your data, and the third parties to whom we share it with.
- Organisations who work on open eir's behalf to provide you with products and services.
- If you have opted in for marketing or have requested to be marketed by third parties under our service.
- If we feel your personal safety is at risk.
- If we are required by any relevant public authority or law enforcement agency.
- If there is a change of ownership of eircom Limited. In this case we would require the new owners to keep your data confidential.
- If we suspect that you have given us false information and we have reasonable grounds to do a further investigation.
- Where a third party is processing your data on behalf of eir and is required to disclose it by law.
- Where a customer has made a complaint and we need to investigate it.
- If you would like to be removed from the National Directory Database (NDD) for the purpose of opting out of receiving direct marketing calls, just let us know and we will do this for you. Telemarketers are obliged to consult this directory before making calls.